Clean Your Car at Home
15-05-2017 | Cleaning, CarAuthor :- Harshita
Instead of spending large amounts on car cleaning services and products, clean your car at home with these common household items.
Start from the insides of the car.
• Use a dry duster or an old t-shirt to dust the seats. Alternatively, you can use a vacuum.
• If you have leather or vinyl seat covers, use toothpaste to tackle the stains. If you have fabric seat covers, spray stains with a solution of water and vinegar (1:1 mix). Wait for a few minutes and then clean with a wet cloth.
• Remove the foot mats and dust them outside the car. If you want to be thorough, you can also soak them in soapy water and wash them clean. This is particularly useful after a rain.
• Deodorize the interior by sprinkling some baking soda on the seats and floor mats. Leave it overnight and vacuum the following morning.
• Wipe the interior surfaces with the vinegar-water spray and a soft cotton cloth.
• Vacuum the pockets and change drawers.
Deal with the exterior.
• To a bucket of water, add a little detergent or shampoo and mix thoroughly. Using a sponge, wash the car. This is the fun part. You can even enlist the help of your kids and have fun.
• Clean all surfaces of the car. Do not forget the roof of the car. Also pay attention to the tires and mud guards. Note: Make sure all windows and doors of the car are closed so that the water doesn’t leak into the car.
• Use the sponge soaked in soapy water to clean the windshield and car windows. Wipe clean with a squeegee or wiper.
• Bring out the hose and spray the car clean. You can also use a clean water bucket instead of hose pipe and save water.
Add the finishing touches.
• You can use a soft cloth to wipe down the car. If you have car wax, apply it to the car. Alternatively, you can use a little hair conditioner on a soft microfiber cloth to wipe the car to get that extra shine.
• Fill up the glass cleaner tank with soapy solution.
• Fill up the carbonate with water.
• Replace the cleaned foot mats.
Words of caution.
Do not wash the car under a hot sun as it leaves water spots on the car.
Do not leave the car to air dry. Always wipe down all the surfaces with a soft cloth before it dries out.
Please share your feedback in the comment section and let us know any other cleaning tips we missed.