5 Step deep cleaning for the kitchen
29-05-2018 | Deep cleaning, Kitchen, Sponge wipe, Grass broom, Spin mop, green scrubberAuthor :- Harshita
Deep cleaning a kitchen every 3 to 4 months is all it takes to keep the kitchen looking clean and hygienic. Food preparation and cooking often leads to build up of grease and dirt, which becomes a time taking effort. But the most difficult question amid all the chaos in the kitchen is, ‘Where do you begin from?’ Well, you needn’t worry. With this 5 step guide, you’ll have a sparkling clean kitchen in a few hours.
1. Cupboards and handles
First, take out all contents of the cupboards and drawers. Then clean the insides using a disinfectant spray and sponge wipe. Start with the top cabinets and work your way down.
- Make sure to dust the tops of cabinets and any high zones. I would also recommend using a dust free grass broom to clean the spider webs you come across.
Next, scrub and clean the outside surfaces and cupboard doors using a warm soap water or disinfectant. Don’t forget to dry the wooden surfaces after cleaning.
Now, arrange the contents in a functional manner. Put like items like electronic gadgets near an electric supply. Separate the cutlery and group like items like spoons, cups etc. Put the edibles like cereals, oats and snacks together.
For a finishing touch, shine the handles and knobs, to get rid of any greasy handprints or sticky residues.
2. Walls and tiles
We’ve already taken down spider webs and dusted the tops of cabinets. Get vinegar and baking soda to deal with the tough grout and grease stains on the walls and tiles. Apply a paste of baking soda and vinegar on the stains. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes, and then scrub it with a toothbrush or green scrubber.
3. Light fixtures and windows
- Wipe down the light fixtures like bulbs and tube lights with a water and vinegar spray. It may get a little sticky because of the grease accumulation but you’ll be surprised by the difference this little task will make to your kitchen.
- The idea is to let in more light and what better way than to open the windows. Take a good glass cleaning solution and wipe your window panes clean. Pay attention to the accumulated dirt and grease in the window sills and tracks.
4. Sink and surfaces
- Clear the counters of any unnecessary papers, containers and titbits. Wipe all the surfaces and counter tops clean with a kitchen cleaner. Make sure to pay attention to the corners and edges.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the drain and then follow it with vinegar to deep clean the sink. It is useful in getting rid of any grease residues and clogs. Then scrub the sink. Rinse it thoroughly and wipe dry with a sponge wipe.
- You can vacuum or sweep the floor with an easy grip and strain free grass broom.
- Apply the baking soda and vinegar paste to any stubborn stains on the floors, especially corners. Let it sit for 15 minutes, then scrub clean with a toothbrush.
- And for the last part, put on the radio or some music and mop the floor. We recommend a spin mop for a dancing partner.
Have fun cleaning and check in next week for a guide on how to deep clean all your kitchen appliances.